View or delete your data
Hi! You are here because you have used the ApplyMagicSauce ("AMS") prediction demo and would like to view or delete the data that you have shared with the University of Cambridge Psychometrics Centre ("we", "us"), which developed and maintains this tool. Before going further, please read the following.
What data do we have and why?
- The only social media data we collect or store is that which you explicitly opted in to share with us via the consent dialogues of the relevant third party platform.
- We use this data to show you a prediction of your psychological profile (how others see you) and we store it for scientific research purposes as defined in Recital 159 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We also ask permission to share it with academic researchers with a formal University affiliation or with registered charities and non-profits, but only in an anonymous format such that the information can never be used to identify you or any other individual user. We will never share this data with any for-profit commercial organisations for any reason.
How can you view or delete your data?
- Facebook generates a unique user ID for every application that you log into. When you log in to AMS, we store this user ID in hashed form, which is a form of one-way encryption. It is unique to the AMS app and not related to your platform-wide user ID. The Facebook data we receive from you is therefore anonymous.
- Because of this, we need to be informed of your AMS app-specific user ID in order to identify your data.
- The most secure way for you to inform us of your user ID is to log in with Facebook again and share your basic user profile only. We will use this to show you all the Facebook data we have linked to your user ID and provide you with the option to delete this data.
- Note: if you are currently logged out of Facebook, or still have the AMS app authorised, then you may not see the consent dialogue for basic user profile immediately.
- You must authenticate with Twitter in order to view or delete any Twitter data that you have shared with us.
(Facebook Connect is temporarily unavailable due to reasons beyond our control. Please use the alternative method for now.)
What if you can’t log in?
- If you no longer have a Facebook account or you are unable to log in, then please use the alternative method. We can still delete whatever Facebook data you shared with us previously based on the user ID that Facebook generated for you when you logged into the AMS app, but you will not be able to view the data.
- We cannot show or delete Twitter data that you shared with us unless you authenticate with the Twitter login button above. This is because user IDs for Twitter apps are global rather than unique to each app. If we enabled an alternative method, then someone who knew your user ID would be able to view or delete your Twitter data.